We then went shopping at Wall-Mart, just like all Wall-Marts except everything was in Chinese.
Matt did find some Oreo's which actually tasted like Oreo's
Lauren seems to be adapting well. She is eating like a true Post and farting like a true Haig.
She is very content and hasn't really cried yet.
China is a very different place.The driving and activitiy on the streets is really crazy. The people all seem very nice especially after we had the baby. Matt is feeling odd getting stared at all the time, but he has been an absolute tropper with this whole thing. The last couple of days were spent mostly in the hotel or government office so he hasn't had much to do. He does like playing with his new sister but just wants her to grow quicker so he can teach her to throw a ball.
We can not wait to get back home so everyone can meet Lauren (code word for babysit) so we can get some real sleep!
See everyone soon!
Thank goodness everything went smoothly. I'm so happy for you all.
ReplyDeleteOne thing, though, Charles Elmer Haig. OMG, I didn't know that Elmer was your middle name. Elmer really? Who came up with Elmer? Elmer....maybe that's what we should call you from now on.
Congrats again now that it is official! Lauren is so cute and photogenic. Keep the pics and blogs coming. Can't wait to see you all.
ReplyDeleteP.S. - When you come home Al will cook you whatever you want...LOL!
Jen and Al
That's great! I'm glad everything is official and went smoothly.
ReplyDeleteNow, on to more important stuff Chuck. Elmer! I didn't know your middle name was Elmer. Maybe we need to start calling you Elmer. It has a nice ring to it . . . Elmer!
CONGRATULATIONS!!! Lauren is a doll baby, so cute and photogenic. Mare, Danny thinks she looks like you...LOL he is really excited. I said I think she looks more like Chuck and Matt. Congrats again on being official.
ReplyDeleteTake care,
Jen and Al
Congrats!!! Couldnt wait to get home from work today to see your latest post. she seems very happy and who wouldnt be getting the great family that she has. This blog is great but nothing compares to face to face...so hurry home..I'm jonesing for some baby!!!!
ReplyDeletesending everyone my love and give the kids kisses for me..I'm sure Matt will love that!!
Simply adorable, gosh she's beautiful!!! I hope you Marianne can relax now that Lauren's officaliiy a Haig now...all paper work signed, sealed & delivered! So does the Walmart have "self check-out;" did you dare try it? You have plenty of sitters waiting to help out when you get home! Many congrats to all of you. Thanks for the updates!
ReplyDeleteHere I am looking at your blog again, over and over again. I can't get enough of it. She is so adorable. It's funny that Jen said she looks like Chuck & Matt, the first time Warren saw her picture he said "Wow, she has Chuck's ears" LOL
ReplyDeleteShe is happy because she can feel the love that all of you are giving her, just wait until she feels all the love waiting for her here at home. Do we have to flip a coin to see who babysits first. Anyway keep the pictures and info coming. I may get fired for looking at this during work, but then I really could babysit all the time (but I would have to fight off Mom Mom Post) Love you all, Mom