Our Baby Girl

Our Baby Girl
Finally!!

Saturday, July 10, 2010

Made it to the last stop on the journey

We have made it to Gangzhou and the White Swan.
Unfortunately our flight from Nanchang wasdelayed about 2 and 1/2 hours due to thunderstorms in the area.
The babies did better than the adults. We didn't get into our room until almost 1am in the morning.
The good news the breakfast buffet was as advertisized. This made Daddy and Matt very happy.
Some quick pictures of the hotel. This is the lobby - pretty awesome

View from our room

From the outside


Lauren went for her physical at the local clinic - she weighs 16.8 lbs and is a very healthy little girls.
Check out the nurses! They still wear the little hats and white uniforms, no scrubs with homer simpson or spongebob!



Lauren recieved her Chinese passport, lists her birth name and will allow her to leave the country.
Next is the visa meeting on Thursday which will allow her to enter the U.S. and then Chalfont, PA

This picture was taken the morning she was given to us. We are saving the outfit she came in so we can give it to her some day. All she will have from her orphanage will be this outfit and her bottle which we saved also. She didn't even come with a diaper.

I thought I fell in love with her when I saw the picture for the first time, but I KNOW I fell in love with her the first time I held her. It is amazing how the whole family is bledning together. We have had her for only a few days but it seems like much more. There are times we still do not know what she needs when she crys, she does have top teeth coming in and is having some poop problems (all of us actually).
But everyday you can see she knows us better and feels more and more confortable with us.
Babies from orphanages need the trust factor the most. They need to know we will be there when she crys, feed her when she is hungry and rub her belly when she needs it.

Matt says hello to his family and wants Brian and Tommy to know he will eat at least a whole Sam's pizza his first night at the shore, so bring your cash! He is very much excited to spend some time at the shore with his cousins and Lauren appears to like the water also and cant wait for her first boat ride.

Marianne and I send our love - 6 more days to HOME!

6 comments:

  1. What a beautiful place. And real food!!!
    I love the blog but really, stop making me cry. Im scared to see my own reaction when I get you guys at the airport.
    Lauren is lucky to have you guys and she'll definatly feel the love even more when she gets home with the rest of her (crazy) families.
    Give Matt another kiss for me and tell him I love him!
    Hoping this week flies by:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, that hotel is awesome, enjoy!!! It looks so luxurious. Lauren is so lucky to have you, and you her. I know you will provide her with the best life ever. I know you three will give her all the love she'll ever need. I'm so glad your transition with Lauren is going so smoothly. I'm with Donna, you have me all misty-eyed, as well. Chuck you can hear the pride and love in your blogs, that is so awesome, so it seems that your little girl already has you wrapped around her little finger...LOL. Love you all and have a safe journey home.

    Jen and Al

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can't wait to see you guys and Lauren!! I can't wait to formally introduce her to Hello Kitty!! And feed her A LOT OF FOOD!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful hotel, hope all the food is as good as your first breakfast. The stories your giving us about the unwanted children are heartbreaking. I just want to go over there and bring all of them here. If the Chinese government would make it a little easier there would be more families like you going over to bring the little girls home with them. Hope this week flies by and your home with us real quick. Good luck with your sister when she picks you up, she's going to be a crying mess. Better not let her drive home. Looking forward to hugs and kisses all around by the end of next week.
    Love you all, Mom

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your blog gave me tears, very moving. It's clear to see Lauren was meant to be yours! The perfect fit to an awesome family! You're on the home stretch, soon to be introducing Lauren to all of us patiently waiting to meet her. Love the old time nurses uniforms; is Marianne bringing one of those cute nurses hats home to wear next semester???
    C & N

    ReplyDelete
  6. This always was your journey, how beautiful....

    Matt you can have two sams pizzas, and we will throw in some curly fries too.

    Brian and Tom are just warming up waiting for you.

    We all can't wait to see you

    Love. You. Guys

    Barb

    ReplyDelete